Thursday, May 21, 2015

Kate: 9 months!

Yes! Sweet Kate gets her a blog post all to herself! Why?  Because I am the stereotypical second child mom.  Her poor baby book hasn't been touched since the first month or two while Claire's has every doctors visit and memory until she was 2.  I have not created custom photo books for Kate, sewed custom bedding, or recorded milestones and memories as much as I should.  With Claire I obsessed over schedules and bedtimes and every move she made.  I worried over every change in behavior and spent far too much time on Google and reading parenting books :-)!  I researched how to play and what activities she should be doing at every age and agonized if she didn't do something as early as other kids her age.  I was afraid she was "bored" and  that I needed to be stimulating her to learn and that I wasn't teaching her the right things.

So even though Kate may not have a perfectly documented first year, she does get a much more relaxed Mama.  A mama who doesn't worry about creating bad habits if she needs a little extra loving or rocking before bed one night.  Who knows "this too shall pass" and that most strange behaviors are just phases and do not require extensive analysis and research!  A mama who still can't stand to make her "cry it out" at night because as ready as I am to sleep all night, I know that once those middle of the night snuggles are gone I won't ever get them back!  A mama who doesn't spend every moment trying to teach her and entertain her- luckily big sister does that for me!

I was a first child and I always thought that, of course, being the first was the best!  Now that I have my two- I am not so sure!  Although I love both of my children equally I also love them differently.  I soak up every moment of time with Kate, every snuggle, every sloppy kiss, because I realize how fleeting time is!  I am not pushing her to grow up and learn and do and wishing the days away, instead I am savoring each day and realizing that each phase of their childhood has good parts and bad parts. I wish I had known to love that way when Claire was little!  Kate also has a built in playmate who she idolizes already.  She wants to be with Claire doing whatever Claire is doing all of the time.  Claire now runs through the house daily saying "Come on, Come Play, Sister Bug!" and Kate does her best to crawl and keep up!

So to my sweet Kate - you are so smart, loving, and adaptable! You are also headstrong, stubborn, and mischievous - but those things keep me on my toes and make life with you fun! At 9 months old you are crawling, climbing, and cruising and on the verge of un-assisted standing.  You babble but don't say any definite words yet and you still have NO teeth! At 6 months old you weighed 20 lbs and at 9 months you weighed 21 lbs.  You have the cutest,chunky baby rolls that people comment on every where we go!  And when you grin in lights up your whole face and makes everyone in the room smile!


No you may not have a baby book filled with dates and milestones, but know that you have days filled with love and laughter and we cherish you!

No comments:

Post a Comment